Sunday, July 23, 2017

Salt-Fried Pork with Garlic Stems

Another delicious quick stir-fry dish from Every Grain Of Rice cookbook by Fuchsia Dunlop. I love garlic stems, they are sweet, crunchy and delicious. In this recipe, very thinly sliced pork belly are fried in a little oil until they are curved and browned in places. They are then removed and keep aside.

To prepare the garlic stems, chilli bean paste and fermented black beans are stir-fried until the oil is red and fragrant, then the fried pork slices are added in, season with some sugar to taste. Add the garlic stems and continue to stir fry until the garlic stems are cooked through.




This is a delicious stir-fry. With minimal ingredients, but very tasty. Delicious with fluffy rice. We love it.

The recipe can be found here.
(from Every Grain Of Rice, Fuchsia Dunlop, pg 98)


I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #19 hosted by 




3 comments:

  1. wow Joyce, this reminds me my mom's home made meals. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's delicious, Joyce! I do enjoy garlic stems. Must go look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great and I am looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete