Monday, March 24, 2014

Sticky Chicken Drumsticks

Just as the name of the recipe, these Sticky Chicken Drumsticks are sticky!  A recipe from Curtis Stone.


Sticky and yummy, fingers licking good.


Very easy to prepare. Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, soy sauce, Chinese barbecue sauce, honey, chopped garlic and chopped ginger. Add the chicken drumsticks, turn to coat, and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least an hour. I marinated the drumsticks for two hours.


Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange the drumsticks and pour all of the marinade onto the baking sheet. Though the recipe requires the drumsticks to be broiled for about 25 minutes, I have baked them at 200C for 25 minutes, turn them over and bake for a further 20-25 minutes until they are cooked and have turned a dark caramel colour. You may broil them according to the recipe.


Served with some greens, and a glass of cold drink, makes a very nice lunch.


You would be licking your sticky fingers clean! Kids would definitely enjoy eating these drumsticks!


Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
(adapted from "Relaxed Cooking With Curtis Stone", Curtis Stone)
Serves 4 to 6
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Chinese barbecue sauce (char sui)
1/4 cup honey
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
12 chicken drumsticks
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted

Mix the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a resealable storage bag to blend. Add the chicken, seal the bag, and toss to coat with the sauce. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.

Position on oven rack 8 to 10 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. Transfer the drumsticks and marinade to the prepared baking sheet and broil, turning the durmsticks occasionally and watching them closely, for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the marinade has glazed it. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the chicken, and serve.


***************************

I'm linking this post to Cook Like A Star, All-Stars Anniversary Party, hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy KidsMich of Piece of Cake and Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.
(click on any of the hostess blog for further info and to link your posts)

All-Stars Anniversary Party featured chefs :  Ina Garten, Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson, Curtis Stone, Ree Drummond, Bill Granger, Masterchefs, Martha Stewart, Delia Smith, Donna Hay



24 comments:

  1. I've made a similar recipe and love it! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recipe! They look delicious and the name is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce,

    I remember this recipe! I have baked these before and we are loving these too :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce , this is a delicious recipe ... drumsticks and wings are my favorite parts of the chicken and I also make the wings sticky , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember these drumsticks... my kids loved them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont mind if it is real sticky, it means one thing, delicious and I lick clean my fingers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! finger licking gooood!!!!! Like the sticky sauce, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they sure look sticky! i love the sticky chicken wings that's sold in a hawker stall in singapore and they are yummlicious! yours remind me exactly of those

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, just the colour alone already convince me that these sticky chicken drumsticks are delicious! I'll make extra sauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What time shall we come over?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers licking good! Sounds easy to make. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luce muy delicioso y adorable color ,abrazos :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Succulent drumsticks.. my kind of food definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love the look of this chicken, looks so good! Will try when I have chicken in the fridge:D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. in the words of my dear mother: those look Slap your Mama good! Wow! I am impressed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Joyce,
    I love this kind of simple and easy to prepare dish!!
    This look finger licking good. Must eat with hands la ! Hahaha!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am getting hungry just looking at your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joyce!

    I actually made this recipe, almost exact, last night for dinner using thighs! It was oh so good! I went easy on the garlic though because of Marion. I did wish it was a bit more spicy. Like you, I LOVE HOT and SPICY! Thanks for sharing, Joyce...

    P.S. I amy be among the lost for the next couple of days. My computer transfer is not going well:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise,
      Glad to know that you have made this! Yeah, we are a bunch of "spicy fans"! This is sweet and gloriously sticky, so a definite winner with children. But I don't mind having my hands dirty for this!
      It must be very frustrating with the files transfer! Be patient, and get help! Haha! I am hopeless when it comes to things like this, so most of the time, I will get help from my brother-in-law, the computer "expert"! Good luck!

      Delete
  19. Yum! These chicken drumsticks look so good, I love the shiny color and yes, sticky is good!
    Have a wonderful week Joyce :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Joyce! This is such a delicious drumsticks. I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum-yum ! This looks so mouthwatering! Will try this recipe soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I made these too and they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete