Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fluffy Pancakes and Awards

Soft, fluffy and good! Extremely easy to make. Made this for breakfast and the kids enjoyed these with some warm blueberry sauce. I will be making this again,  yummy with some strawberry sauce  or honey and would be fantastic with chocolate sauce! I got this delicious recipe from Allrecipes.com , a great site to look for home recipes.






Fluffy Pancakes
(source from Allrecipes.com)
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (use half if using salted butter)
1 egg
2 tablespoon butter, melted
cooking spray

Method :

  1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and pour into "soured milk". Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until the lumps are gone.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cooked until browned on the other side.


************************

A W A R D S

These lovely awards are from two wonderful foodie friends, Jay of Tasty Appetite and Love2Cook.

Thank you ladies, for forwarding these awards to me, I'm honoured! Some of you may already know these two wonderful blogs, if you do not, then do stop by their wonderful sites. They have wonderful delicious yummies both in their cooking pot and in their baking pans! Once you pop over to their site, you will surely be back again visiting! Thank you again, Jay and Love2Cook.










A








Seven things about myself :
  1. I'm addicted to cookbooks! But then, who doesn't??
  2. I love watching "The Power Puff Girls" and "Tom and Jerry".. are you laughing?? 
  3. I try not to watch sad story on TV, they make me cry..
  4. I love coffee AND tea!
  5. Stayed near the beach until I was fifteen, but never knew how to swim!!!!
  6. The first book that make me cry when I was eight, "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Andersen.
  7. I read my first "Mills & Boons" when I was eleven, WOW! and never look back! 

I would like to pass on those lovely awards to the following fantastic blogs :



32 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards! You so deserve them. Those pancakes really do look wonderfully fluffy, just the way my family likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, congrats on the awards, Lisa is right, you do deserve them! Thank you so much for passing them on my friend. I need to do up a page on my blog just for awards which is next on my "to-do" list. I would love to sit down and share your pancakes for breakfast! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratz on the award! Love fluffy pancakes. My next recipe is similar to pancakes but even fluffier. Hopefully, I'll get posted by Friday (or Saturday).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Joy!
    You deserve each and every one of these awards,you are such a good friend. Thank you for passing these along to me, I am very honored and thank you for thinking of me.
    Best Wishes,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is something i can eat for breakfast everyday without thinking twice- wonderful looking pancakes!
    Congrats on your well deserved awards..

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation with your awards. These pancakes are great especially with the chocolate sauce. I wouldn't miss out these even I have to wake up for an early morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear friend
    I'm proud of you and for your prizes! She deserves it!
    Very tasty and easy recipe you! Children love the recipe!
    Sorry that will not come to your blog until the end of April, because I will be a trip.
    Greetings and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vinegar in pancakes,thats sounds truly interesting, love those pancakes with chocolate sauce..Congrats on ur awards..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulatione for the awards!
    thank you very much for thinking about me anyway

    Hug
    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awards and thank you for passing on to me.
    Pancakes look so fluffy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation with your awards. These pancakes are Looking Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice looking pancakes.Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pancakes look delicious with the blueberry sauce! Congrats on all your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on all your awards! Your pancake looks so soft and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, real fluffy! i like mine wih honey and also peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Power Puff Girls is one of my all time favorites :) Much like pancakes. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on all the lovely awards! You sure deserve them! You have such a lovely blog. Love your fluffy pancakes. I would drizzle them heavily with condensed milk :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que ricos panqueques se ven lindos y exquisitos,me encanta esta receta te quedaron estupendos,cariños y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Felicitaciones por tus premios tu te lo mereces todos y muchos más ,eres lo mejor en la cocina de habla inglés no hay otras,cariños.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi there!
    your recipe is good and fluffy..yesterday i'd tried to make it..thanks for sharing.l

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUM! Your fluffy pancakes are on the menu for the weekend. My family adores pancakes and we're always trying new recipes, and the chocolate sauce...drool! Congratulations on the lovely awards, you deserve them my friend! Also, thank you for passing them along to me...I'm honored♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, congrats on your awards! You deserve all of these and more for your wonderful blog! And merci beaucoup, cher, for passing them along to me. I am truly honored and will display them proudly on my sidebar! Cheers!

    And the pancakes look scrumptious, especially with chocolate sauce! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Joy, I apologize for being so late to thank you. I also have some work to do on my blog for updating this award from you. thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, look sooo delicious... congrats for your many awards...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your awards! Those pancakes do look very fluffy. I've never tried pancakes with chocolate sauce but it sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The fluffy pancakes look scrumptious! I'll have mine with blueberry sauce please. Congrats on all your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. pancakes are awesome! and huge congrats for all your awards and wish you many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. CONGRATS! (: (: you deserve the lovely awards! anyways, the pancakes look really fluffy and nicely cooked! yummy! (: (:

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks by the awards dear kitchen flavours Im honored! thabnks a lot, huggs

    ReplyDelete
  30. These pancakes look so good, and I am hungry :) Congratulations on all of your awards...always well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yummy pancakes and congrats on your awards. I'm popping in from the awards post at Cajun Delights. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete