Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eggless Chocolate Walnut Cake

This cake is perfect for those who is looking for a healthier choice. It is very moist, soft and slightly crumbly, you can really bite into the moist and juicy raisins and would have thought that this cake is baked using brown sugar instead of white sugar. You wouldn't know that this is an eggless cake. The only thing I change is that I reduce the amount of walnuts as I do not like too much nuts in my cakes. This recipe is definitely a keeper! I got this recipe from one of my recipe books authored by Alex Goh, "Fruity Cakes". I am definitely a fan of Alex Goh, having 6 of his books! Try out this recipe and bake one today. It is really good!
Here's the recipe.




Ingredients
(A
)
300gm water
200gm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
150gm raisins

(B)
100gm vegetable oil

(C)
220gm plain flour
30gm cocoa powder
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

(D)
200gm walnuts (I use only 140gm)

Method :
  1. Cook (A) until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
  2. Stir in (B) into the cooled (A) and mix until well blended.
  3. Add (C) and mix until well incorporated. Add (D) and mix well.
  4. Pour the batter into the greased and lined loaf pan. Bake at 180C on the bottom rack of the oven for about 40 minutes or test with a skewer for doneness. It should come out clean when the cake is done. (I let it cool in pan before removing cake).

3 comments:

  1. Wah!!!Ah Ee, next time i come over to your house then can make for me ah??HEHEHEHEHEHEHE...

    From:Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Bry! Sure. How about a big glass of cold chocolate shake too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaa I want too! Why no make for me... no fair!

    ReplyDelete